I've been looking into ways we can help local pets for Care of Magical Creatures. I contacted Pets Without Parents, who unfortunately cannot have us all come in and volunteer with their animals as I'd hoped, due to space and safety concerns. However, they suggested we think about a fundraising project and maybe also make some pet toys to help them out! AND in exchange they may be able to at least give us a tour and/or come to one of our meetings to teach us about them and bring an adoptable pet for us to meet. I'm also checking with Cat Welfare and a few other places, but in the meantime I thought maybe we could take this pet toy idea and run with it right now!
There's some great ideas for making pet toys from recycled items right here: http://www.squidoo.com/
Can everyone bring some supplies to our meeting this Sunday? Anything you have around the house is great - some ideas are:
- fabric scraps - including old jeans and clothes, socks, leftovers from sewing projects, etc
- tennis balls, other types of balls
- toilet paper and paper towel tubes
- small cardboard boxes (shoebox, tissue box, etc)
- empty and clean pill bottles, plastic water/soda bottles
- pipe cleaners, feathers
- other ideas??
We'll see what we can come up with and do some brainstorming while we work! Thanks everyone! See you Sunday at 12:30!