Just a reminder we have a meeting coming up this weekend: Sunday, Feb 12, at 12:30 at First UU. You can RSVP on Facebook here:
Here's the plan for this meeting:
- Bring anything you have to donate for the UU auction - including baskets and packaging supplies, if you've got 'em! Please let me know if you'll be bringing this stuff so I don't have to go out and buy them (and use our chapter's funds.) Please also bring fair trade chocolate if you like, or any other Harry Potter goodies you think would work well. As a reminder we'll be doing one baking basket and one hot chocolate basket. And the kids get to package them up at the meeting.
- We'll also be setting up our Magical Acts of Kindness House Cups in the hallway at church and a Dobby-shaped Mitten Tree in the lobby. Feel free to bring hats, mittens, socks, or other woolens to donate and place on Dobby! Also think about acts of kindness you've already done (hint: beans for Athens counts) that you can add to the House Cup of your choice, and what other things you can do to earn your House points!
- Finally, we'll be planning our three upcoming events: Justice Sunday (2/26), First Friday (3/2), and the Read-in (3/3) - please bring your ideas! There are RSVP links for each here:
- Justice Sunday: http://www.facebook.com/events/347540225277137/
- First Friday: http://www.facebook.com/events/173087406127055/
- Read-in: http://www.facebook.com/events/222625624493386/ and also on the blog: http://hpacolumbus.blogspot.com/2012/02/read-in.html
Please feel free to share all these links with any friends and family who may be interested. The more the merrier!
See you Sunday!
p.s. by the way, there are a couple other events going on this weekend that you all might be interested in: