Friday, June 15, 2012

PRIDE! Yeah!

Hey everyone!! Pride is almost here! Can't wait!!!!

Remember:

Tonight: Sign making party at UU 6:30-8:30pm

  • Bring a t-shirt to decorate. UU has some fabric markers and I also got some
  • Bring posterboard or any sign making supplies you have. I have 4 rainbow-colored posterboards we can use in addition to whatever everyone brings. Cath, did you get a chance to make a banner for us? If not, no biggie, we can use the posterboard for signs. 
  • I'm also working on getting a big cardboard box to make a "closet" for us, not sure if that will happen or not - if anyone has one, please bring it tonight!
  • Bring a potluck dish for dinner!
  • Meet at First UU at 10 am for carpooling, or else meet us at the parade sometime before step-off at noon
  • Where your t-shirt or whatever wizard gear you want, and don't forget comfortable shoes, sunscreen and water bottles! It's going to be hot!
  • I'm going to bring our wagon (possibly with a "closet" on top) - feel free to do the same, or any other kind of wheels you have (scooters, roller skates, etc) if it makes "marching" easier for you
  • I have a bunch of candy we can pass out but if you have any or want to pick up more, please feel free to do so! I'm thinking we'll put it all in a witch hat for carrying and throw it at any kids we see. I also have some lightening bolt tattoos somewhere in my house which I'll try to round up tonight.
  • I'll work on a brochure for the UU table today


Tomorrow: Pride! 10am-?

And remember to invite anyone who would like to join us! See you tonight!

~Lynne

No comments:

Post a Comment